Our client is one of the largest private investors in the country and have an aim of providing more job opportunities and economic stability throughout the country.
They currently have an opportunity for a Mine Operations Supervisor to deliver the shift plan in terms of material movement, equipment productivity, crusher feed and dump control.
Job description / core competencies:
- Establish that all controls are in place at the dig face i.e. pegs, mark up and TBM.
- Monitor the material type that is being mixed, in conjunction with geology and survey.
- Take responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of all personnel including contractors working within the working area during shift.
- Work in accordance with the mine plan as defined for the specific work area.
- Operate and allocate mining equipment to optimize production in accordance with the mine plan.
- Reduction of ore dilution.
- Continuously monitor shift cycles and load destinations.
- Monitor dump maintenance and flow level control, roads and floors.
- Supervise the movement of equipment to optimize production output as per the required mine plan.
- Coordinate breaks, hot seat change and refuelling of all mobile equipment.
- Effective utilization of equipment.
- Monitor shift cycle times and load destinations.
- Comply with the requirements of the statutory log books.
- Promote operational consistency between shift hand over through accurate pit set up and inform the incoming shift.
- Support maintenance in terms of the planned maintenance schedule.
- Meet crusher requirements and daily feed targets.
- Seek to achieve positive growth and improvement of all work activities and performance standards.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations in accordance with site specifics
- Carry out any other ad hoc production related requests as necessary.