Function : Procurement Support Grade :
Department : Logistic/Procurement Unit : Procurement
Place of Employment: Monrovia - Liberia Contract Duration:
Direct Supervisor: Administrative and Finance Manager
Technical Supervisor: ________________________________________________________________________________
To be responsible for meeting LNRCS procurement requirements according to its policies and procedures.
Procurement Officer will be the focal point for all LNRCS/CRC procurement needs. S/he will be responsible to ensure that LNRCS procurement policy, system and procedures are adhered to. To void and null fraud and corruption in LNRCS procurement system, procedures and processes. His/her specific responsibilities include:
· Collection and efficient processing of requisitions.
· Calling for quotations / tenders as per LNRCS and donor requirements, for both local and international procurement
· Negotiating prices with suppliers.
· Preparation of paperwork required for procurement.
· Ensure that materials purchased meets the organisation’s and requisitions specifications.
· Maintaining an up to date vendor list, and price lists of regularly purchased materials
· Induct all new staff on the use of Requisitions.
· Be familiar with and ensure compliance with Donor and LNRCS requirements
· To manage all aspect of supplier/vendor relationship, including oversee annual supplier rating, pre-qualification and registration and handling all supplier /contractor claims/disputes.
· Assist staff in supplier relationship management through the measuring and monitoring of key performance indicators including quality, customer service, price, and delivery times
· To ensure the development and maintenance of a database of appropriate suppliers, equipment and specifications able to supply LNRCS programmes and to share and promote this information with the team and other technical staff.
· Carry out regular Vendor compliance and ethical checks
· Carry out service audits on a regular basis
· Represent LNRCS in supply chain related meetings as requested
Managing the Purchasing functions
· Providing oversight as regards management of all Purchasing/Contracts and administrative matters relating to Purchasing & Supplies
· Ensure that tendering process is followed and implemented properly for high value purchases ensure that LNRCS achieves best possible value for money, documented procedures are adhered to, and any relevant information is shared with the appropriate people including donor reporting and finance. This will include completing the summary of bid process, understanding the review/approval for award, and the necessary communication to the supplier.
· Review all bid/quotation/tender analysis and prepare recommendations for approval by the relevant procurement authorities.
· Make presentations to the Tender Committee on all major purchases requiring Tendering before award of contract
· Sharing status of tendering and bid process with the requestor and all relevant persons involved from the request to suppliers through bid award
· Coordinate contract close out procedures when contracts are completed and payment done.
· Coordinate liaison with Inspection Bureaus on quality survey of imported/export/manufactured goods to assure compliance with LNRCS specifications
· Providing oversight as regards management of all Procurement/Contracts and administrative matters relating to Procurement.
· Manages activities in relation to transportation, distribution and disposal of supplies
· Arranges clearance of all imported/exported goods and the processing of the necessary documentation.
· Manage the activities/contract of the clearing and forwarding agent for LNRCS to ensure timely delivery/response to arising needs.
· To liaise with the Finance department on issues relating to Purchasing and supply and the subsequent payment process
Paper trail and records
· The Procurement Officer will be responsible for developing and maintaining good filing system, ensuring that documents are filed in an orderly and easy to locate manner.
· An audit trail is maintained for procurement and related documents.
· The Procurement Officer will update the electronic requisition tracking system on a daily basis and ensure its periodic distribution to users.
· Post holder will ensure that materials purchased and delivered meet required standards.
· Post holder will liaise closely with the programmes/departments on procurement matters, Keep them informed of the status of supplies required for their programme.
· Post holder will liaise closely and systematically with the Finance unit in ensuring that payments to suppliers are made promptly.
· Post holder will provide support and guidance to the Finance Manager with regards to contracts and the procurement of services.
· Post holder will liaise and coordinate with the Finance Manager, to ensure timely staff and visitors travel bookings and purchase of airline tickets for staff.