In conjunction with the Front Office Manager, the Assistant Front Office Manager manages staff and day-to-day front desk, PBX, bell stand, concierge and transportation operations. The Assistant Front Office Manager manages responsibilities in alignment with senior management, Company policies and procedures, brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial and service goals, and managing within approved plans and objectives. Contributes to and recommends budget, capital expenditures, inventory controls, sales and business plans, and short/long term planning. Reports, investigates and resolves violations to internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. This position directly manages assigned staff and indirectly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff. Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates. Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. A competitive benefits package awaits you. We provide extensive training and refreshing hotel perks, such as discounted room rates. Enjoy free parking and a delicious meal daily provided by our culinary team. At Sheratons, we seek out differences and strive for variety in every aspect of our business; so much so that Diversity & Inclusion are key components of our overall business strategy. As a global company that represents eleven distinct lifestyle brands, our goal is to bring an authentic global experience to each guest by utilizing insights and perspectives from our diverse associate, supplier and owner bases. Our success is derived from the differences that make us all unique. Whether it is our life experience, our career journey or our education, it is our value for diversity and how we leverage it that keeps us at the forefront of the hospitality industry. Thus, our continuous drive to recruit multinational employees to sustain our elite global brand. Interested applicants should forward their new CV and cover letter through Sheraton's career email or apply button displayed above.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
• Manage front office services in compliance with policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
• Manage staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget.
• Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success.
• Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
• Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
• Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
• Contribute to and recommend budget, capital expenditures, inventory controls, asset protection, sales and business plans, and short/long term planning.
• Ensure staff is proficient in and compliant with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures
• Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation.
• Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the staff, day-to-day operations and services.
• Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
• Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
• Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
• Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
• As requested, assist with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts